This hike takes you along the traces of the historical patrimony of Bonifacio. Effectively, the path connects Bonifacio to the Paragan beach, extending to the Hermitage of the Trinity. In the distant past, this paved path leads to Sartène, 45 kilometres away.
From the patrimony point of view, you can discover the Bonifacien countryside and some remains of human activity, such as the numerous dry-stone walls, the baracuns (garden huts) and past limekilns.
From the nature point of view, this path, in the heart of the perfumed scrubland, will take you to the superb beach of the Fazziò cove passing by the Madonetta lighthouse that watches over the sailors navigating in the Strait of Bonifacio.
Not to be missed!
- View : Mer, Haute-Ville, Maquis
- Difficulty : Red level
Why it’s nice !
- Two protected beaches (Fazziò et Paragan)
- The enchanting perfumes of the scrubland flora
- Numerous remains of agro-pastoral life
- Hermann tortoises and other rare animals
- The old Genoese path
- Drinking water available