Sporty or not, descending this Stairway, you will encounter the most remarkable view! And this will encourage you to exercise those legs!
COVID-19 Info :
Following government decisions, the health pass is required at the entrance to the The King of Aragon’s Stairway. A tolerance will be granted to children from 12 to 17 years old until September 30, 2021.
According to its legend, the King of Aragon’s Stairway, a listed historic monument and picturesque site of Corsica, was dug by hand in the limestone cliff in one night by the troops of the King of Aragon in 1420. In reality , it is to access the Saint-Barthélemy well, a freshwater well, that this staircase was actually dug. Today, the well is no longer in use and is closed.
Composed of 187 steps, each as irregular as the next, it is as you descend them that you will be amazed by a set of incredible views: 180 ° on the river. sea, Sardinia and cliffs. At the bottom, you will be just a few meters above the sea in a path carved into the cliff and you will walk along turquoise blue water.
The children, after having climbed the 187 steps, you will be presented with a diploma for having been also brave. The adventure is offered until the age of 5 years.
What is certain is that you will live a most incredible and unusual experience, only existing in Bonifacio !
- The visit of this so special site requires to have a good physical capacity and to respect the safety rules. Please take note of the rules for visiting the King of Aragon’s Stairway before your arrival.
- Access to the stairs is only reserved for people with closed and flat shoes (prohibition: flip-flops, slides and high-heeled shoes).
- The King of Aragon’s Stairway is committed to putting prevention, protection and quality of service at the heart of its activity, through membership of the Alba Pura charter, the charter for professionals in South Corsica.
- View : Mer, Falaises
- Environment : Coast, Medieval town, With panormaic view
Why it’s nice !
- View and photo
- Work on your breathing exercises!
- Overwhelming feeling
- Duration of individual visit: 30 minutes
- Duration of visit: 30 minutes
Comfort / services
- Internet - WiFi
- Animals forbidden
Activities on the spot
- Historical Monument
Additional information on services
- Peut être visité : Oui
Conditions de gratuité : Children up to 5 years
- Simple visit : 5,00 €
- Pass Monument : 6,50 €
- Group rate (from 10 people) : 4,00 €
- Simple visit from 6 to 11 years : 2,00 €
- Monument Pass from 6 to 11 years old : 2,00 €
-Not recommended for pregnant women
-Not recommended for cardiac persons
Means of payment
- Holiday vouchers
Monday to Friday 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. (last visit to the Historic Monument at 5:30 p.m.)
Weekends from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (last visit to the Historic Monument at 5.30 p.m.)