Whether you are a hiker or not, you cannot miss this exceptional walk during your visit to Bonifacio. After discovering the town and its medieval patrimony, you will yet discover another experience of the exceptional nature patrimony.
Departure from the small white Saint Roch chapel, situated halfway between the Old town and the Marina, follow a paved pathway on a 30m drop. You are then in the heart of nature with its stone balconies offering unforgettable views over the sea, 80 meters below. Once you have reached a small isolated construction (the slaughterhouse in the old days), descend on the side of the port on a rustic pathway amongst the fragrances of the scrubland. Last detail: “campu romanilu” doesn’t mean (conditional tense) Roman camp but effectively “rosemary field”.
- View : Falaises, Sardaigne, Omu di Cagna
- Environment : Coast, Riverbank, In the countryside, Medieval town, Wateredge : accès crique et plage de Saint-Antoine
- Difficulty : Green level
Why it’s nice !
- The water and the wind have sculptured the surroundings over the ages
- Breathe, contemplate, experience
- View of the citadel and the house that hangs over the cliffs
- Springtime: flowering rosemary