You will travel through the centuries and understand Bonifacio a little more by visiting the Landscape Garden with its 10 views, plus the “1000 years of history” exhibition in the underground halls. Open from April to October every day! Nocturnal openings in July and August.
Dating back to the 15th century and dominating the port from its 25-metre height, the Fortress of the Standard is the highest fortress in France. Imposing, it is the major component of the fortifications!
The Landscape Garden: 10 views to understand everything! The beauty of the exterior circuit has given it its name. 20 minutes to contemplate the plunging views over the port and the sensational panoramas over the cliffs and Sardinia. You will receive a description of the landscapes to guide you.
The underground halls: the “1000 years of fortifications” exhibition. Partly dug into the rocks, the underground halls are certainly worth the visit! The circular vaults of the big hall remind us of the medieval architecture of the ancient defence tower… A museography, indicated by signposts and video projections, retrace the history of the town’s fortifications. An exhibition, rich with visual documentation, occasionally unpublished, but available to all!
Not to be missed by families: ask for the discovery game; follow Fanfan, the flying donkey!
Free for children under 6 !!!
Visiting time: 30 minutes
Family game booklet visiting: 45 minutes (game booklet free of charge)
Departure: Tourist Office of the Fortress.
Ore : Monday to Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- View : Haute-Ville, Falaise, Mer, Marine
- Environment : Medieval town, With panormaic view
Why it’s nice !
- Vertiginous views!
- Pass Monuments at 3,5€: visit of King of Aragon’s Stairway + Fortress
- A happy moment to spend with the family
- At the end of the game booklet: the reward
- Free of charge for the under12 years old!!!
- Duration of individual visit: 30 minutes
Comfort / services
- Internet - WiFi
- Animals accepted
- Accepted animals
Activities on the spot
- Historical Monument
- Simple visit : 2,50 €
- Pass monument : 4,50 €
- Group rate (from 10 people) : 2,00 €
- Simple visit from 6 to 11 years : 1,00 €
- Monument Pass from 6 to 11 years old : 1,50 €
Children up to 5 years
Means of payment
- Credit cards : Visa, Eurocard, Mastercard
- Holiday vouchers
Of 15/06/2020 the 31/10/2020
Monday to Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Fortress of the Standard, an emblematic site to visit
Porte de Gênes 20169 Bonifacio